This institute offers undergraduate, postgraduate and Ph.D. programmes. So, in this article we’ll tell you about all the necessary information about IIST.
|Know All About IIST Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology|
Undergraduate CoursesIIST offers many undergraduate courses. Here are the eligibility criteria to take admission in undergraduate courses:
- Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply for IIST courses.
- Candidate of Other Backward Classes (OBC) and General category (Gen) must have been born after 1993, October 1. Candidates with Disabilities (PD), Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Scheduled Caste (SC) categories must have been born after 1988, October 1.
- You must have 12th or Equivalent with aggregate at least 75% marks. But for the SC, PD and ST candidates aggregate marks should be at least 65%. To calculate the aggregate marks five subjects are considered- Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, any language, any subject other than above four with highest marks.
- Candidates who wants to join B.Tech. Programmes in IIST have to appear in the JEE- Advanced (Joint Entrance Examination). JEE is conducted by CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education), New Delhi once in a year. To appear in JEE- advanced the eligibility criteria is- GEN category: at least 20% marks in aggregate and at least 5% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics). For OBC non-creamy layer- at least 18% marks in aggregate and at least 4.5% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics). For SC, ST and Persons with Disabilities- at least 10% marks in aggregate and at least 2.5% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics).
- B.Tech. in Aerospace Engineering: Duration 4 Years
- B.Tech. in Avionics: Duration 4 Years
- Dual Degree (B.Tech. + Master of Science/Master of Technology): 5Years
Post-graduation CoursesIIST invites highly motivated candidates for admission to their Post-graduate programmes. Here is the list of Post-graduation courses offered by IIST:
- M.Tech in Thermal and Propulsion (code: MAE01)
- M.Tech in Aerodynamics and Flight Mechanics (code: MAE02)
- M.Tech in Structures and Design (code: MAE03)
- M.Tech in RF and Microwave Engineering (Code: MAV01)
- M.Tech in Digital Signal Processing (Code: MAV02)
- M.Tech in VLSI and Microsystems (Code: MAV03)
- M.Tech in Control Systems (Code: MAV04)
- M.Tech in Power Electronics (Code: MAV05)
Earth and Space Sciences
- M.Tech in Machine Learning and Computing (Code: MMA01)
- M.Tech in Materials Science and Technology (Code: MCH01)
- M.Tech in Optical Engineering (code: MPH01)
- M.Tech in Solid State Technology (Code: MPH02)
- M.Tech in Earth System Science (code: MES01)
- M.Tech in Geoinformatics (code: MES02)
- Master of Science in Astronomy and Astrophysics (code: MES03)
- Every year candidates are invited to apply application during April through on-line submission.
- Every programme has 6 number of seats.
- Shortlisted applicants for M. Tech/Master of Science programmes are required to appear interview/test at IIST.
- Students have to visit IIST situated at Thiruvananthapuram. No TA/DA will be given to candidates.
- List of shortlisted candidates will be displayed on IIST website and qualified students can download their call letters from website www.iist.ac.in.
- Students who are selected for admission in IIST have to join the desired course on notified date mentioned on call latter.
- Candidate should be the citizen of India.
- Age limit is 32 years.
- Minimum Qualification: ME/B.Tech/ Master of Science or equivalent degree mentioned with a minimum of 60% marks or CGPA 6.5 out of 10 for General & OBC category and minimum of 55% marks or CGPA 6.0 out of 10 for SC/ST & PD categories. A valid score in GATE/JEST/UGC NET in relevant area as the case may be, as specified below is essential.