What is NDA?NDA stands for National Defence Academy, situated at Khadakwasla near Pune, Maharashtra. It is the joint training institution and centre for the Army, Navy and the Air Force of India. NDA is the first tri-service academy in the whole world. NDA imparts training to young youths, who chose the Armed Forces as their career. For the training of NDA you have to be strong mentally, morally and physically. They are given an intensive education in Science, Technology, Arts and Military subjects. At the end of your three-year course, which is divided into six terms, a cadet is awarded a Bachelor's Degree from JNU (Jawaharlal Nehru University). After this three year course, student is transformed into a potential officer.
|Know Everything About NDA|
How to join NDATo join the NDA a student must clear the entrance exam conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission), two times in a year. UPSU is solely responsible for issuing notification, guidelines and the final conduct of the entrance examination.
EligibilityThe eligibility criteria for NDA exam is given below:
- Applicants should have passed 12th Class of the 12th pattern of School Education or equivalent examination organized by a State Education Board or a University.
- Applicants against the Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 (Executive Branch) Course at the Naval Academy: 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
- Candidates pursuing the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination are also eligible to apply.
NationalityA candidate should be:
- Citizen of India, Or
- A subject of Bhutan, Or
- A subject of Nepal, Or
- Tibetan refuges migrated to India before 1962, 1 January
Age Limit As per UPSC notification.
- To be an officer from NDA you have to meet some physical standard:
- Candidates should not be having certain ailments like Undersized Chest, Gynaecomastia, Hydrocele/Phimosis, Deviated Nasal Septum, Varicocele, Tonsillitis, Overweight/Underweight, Wax (Ears) and Piles. You have to be healthy mentally and physically.